Transfer of credits may be granted to students in recognition of studies completed PRIOR TO ADMISSION to HKUST, provided that students’ prior study is disclosed in their applications for admission. Detailed information is available at https://crtran.ust.hk.
Students who would like to apply for credit transfer on entry should follow the procedure below:
- Consult their School or major department for advice on the equivalent HKUST course to apply.
Submit the following documents to Academic Registry no later than one month after the beginning of the student’s first regular term of study at HKUST:
- Online application for Credit Transfer
- Official transcript or examination certificate - the original copy or certified true copy of finalized results and/or transcript notes from the authority/external institution, particularly for those never been presented to the University (e.g. Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions Office); AND
- Course/subject information (for credit transfer by institution courses) - course syllabuses, course outline including class schedules with topics, assessment criteria and the number of contact hours (lecture/tutorials), and any other information relevant to the application; the information is important particularly for subjects/courses not listed in the Credit Transfer Course
Only courses with a passing grade or above will be considered. Applications with incomplete information or missing supporting documents will NOT be processed.
Credit Transfer Course Equivalence Database
- The Credit Transfer Course Equivalence Database contains lists of course mappings with the general rule of credit conversion previously approved.
- Students should use the Database as a reference only.
- The approved mapping of selected examinations and courses taken in selected institutions are available for students' reference.
Students should consult their School or major department for advice on the equivalent HKUST credits to apply. For the application procedure, students may contact Academic Registry by:
In Person: Academic Registry, Room 1381, 1/F, Academic Building (Lifts 17-18), HKUST
Business Hours: Mon – Fri, 09:00-12:30 and 14:00-17:15