Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements
- Please refer to Undergraduate Student Guide for bad weather arrangements during academic terms.
- Please refer to Hong Kong Observatory for current weather conditions and forecast and description of the warning signals and symbols.
Below were the information and arrangements during the Orientation and Induction periods in Jul & Aug 2018
In Case of Typhoon Signals or Rainstorm Warnings are Announced
Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning, or Typhoon Signal No. 1 or No. 3
- When Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning is announced or Typhoon Signal No. 1 or No. 3 is hoisted, all activities will continue as scheduled. All offices will also remain open.
- For other activities off Campus, please watch for announcements, emails or contact the organizing schools or offices.
Black Rainstorm Warning
- If black rainstorm warning is announced, all the activities will be canceled.
- Those on campus activities in progress will normally continue until the end, unless otherwise instructed by organizing units.
- Stay indoors wherever you are and do not leave until the warning is canceled and/or the conditions are safe.
Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Above
- When a Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or to be hoisted within 2 hours (pre-No. 8), all activities will be canceled.
- Those on campus activities in progress should be terminated as soon as practicable.
In case of Typhoon Signal No.8 or Above, or Rainstorm Warnings are Canceled
- at or before 06:30
- activities starting at or after 8:30 will be held as scheduled
- at or before 08:00,
- Student Card Collection (Aug 8-9) will be held as scheduled
- SBM activities will be held as scheduled and will be resumed after 2 hours of the announcement made by the HK Observatory
- SENG Welcome and Orientation (Aug 27) starting at 09:30 will be held as scheduled
- at or before 12 noon
- activities starting before 14:00 will be canceled
- activities starting at or after 14:00 will be held as scheduled
- at or before 16:00
- activities starting before 18:00 will be canceled
- activities starting at or after 18:00 will be held as scheduled
- If Signal No. 8 or above or a Black Warning is still in force at 16:00, all evening activities will be canceled.
Some activities canceled may have make-up arrangements. Please refer to the Make-up Arrangements below, email notifications from the organizing schools or offices and their websites for most update information.
|Originally scheduled||Make-up Arrangements|
|Jul 17-19||ELPA||rescheduled to Jul 22|
|Aug 7||SENG's Academic Advising||rescheduled to Aug 8|
|Aug 7||SSCI's Academic Advising||rescheduled to Aug 8|
|Aug 7||SBM's Academic Advising and Peer Mentoring||rescheduled to Aug 8|
|Aug 7||SHSS's Academic Advising||rescheduled to Aug 9|
|Aug 7||IPO's Academic Advising (EVMT)||rescheduled to Aug 8|
|Aug 8||IPO's Academic Advising (T&M-DDP)||rescheduled to Aug 9|
|Aug 7-8||Student Card Collection*||rescheduled to Aug 8-9|
|Aug 9||SENG's Academic Advising (local non-JUPAS)||rescheduled to Aug 12|
|Aug 7 or 8||Student-led Welcome Fair||rescheduled to Aug 9|
|Aug 19-23||SENG Peer Mentoring Program||refer to peer mentors' notifications|
|Aug 19-23||ELPA||rescheduled to Aug 24|
|Aug 20||SHSS's Academic Advising||rescheduled to Aug 22|
|Aug 21||Student Card Collection*||rescheduled to Aug 22|
|Aug 23||SENG's Academic Advising||rescheduled to Aug 26|
|Aug 26-27||Course Introduction HLTH1010 & Getting Started||rescheduled to Sep 1|
|Aug 27||SBM Orientation||rescheduled to Aug 29|
* For Student Card Collection: Applicable to students of JUPAS entry only. Students of Non-JUPAS entry, should refer to email notification.