Students admitted from the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) are usually termed as JUPAS students.
Important item checklist for JUPAS students
The checklist should help you identify important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
All new students are also invited to attend various Enrichment Talks, Tours and Workshops.
- Complete Program Registration (JUPAS - Main Round Offer)
- Activate your HKUST network/ ITSC account at myaccount.ust.hk
- Access and check your HKUST email (@connect.ust.hk) at http://O365.ust.hk or myPortal (important information and notifications from different units will be sent to this email account)
- Collect Student Card in person at CMA Lecture Theater (LT-L), Cheng Yu Tung Building
- Apply Student Accommodation
- Check class pre-enrollment results via "Student Centre" in myPortal
- Enroll first term classes via myPortal
- Attend information session of Government Financial Assistance
- Attend Academic Advising sessions (these sessions are very useful and critical for your class pre-enrolment; refer also to respective Schools' orientation information, SBM, SSCI, SENG, SHSS, IPO & individual email notifications for details; absence from these sessions may affect your study progress)
- Attend ELPA Test
- Join University-wide Orientation
- Attend Getting Started@HKUST & HLTH1010 Course Introduction
- Add/Drop classes via myPortal
School Welcome and Orientation
Sept 18 School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS) 18:30 - 21:30 at G/F China Garden Restaurant
HLTH1010 Required Activities
Sept 21-Oct Attend Fitness Training Class
Sept 25-27 Attend Health and Fitness Assessments
- Academic Registry: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Science: Ms Tina KO | Email: email@example.com
- School of Engineering: Ms Jessica CHENG | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Business & Management: Ms Bowie YU | Email: email@example.com
- School of Humanities & Social Science: Ms Heidi TSANG | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office: Mr Matthew CHIK | Email: email@example.com
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements Other tools
Please refer to the Adverse Weather Arrangements page for details.