Students admitted from the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) are usually termed as JUPAS students.
Important item checklist for JUPAS students
The checklist should help you identify important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
All new students are also invited to attend various Enrichment Talks, Tours and Workshops.
Aug 6 10 a.m. onwards
- Activate your HKUST network/ ITSC account at myaccount.ust.hk
- Access and check your HKUST email (@connect.ust.hk) at http://O365.ust.hk or myPortal (important information and notifications from different units will be sent to this email account)
- Apply Student Accommodation (until Aug 9)
- Collect Student Card in person at CMA Lecture Theater (LT-L), Cheng Yu Tung Building (If you are not able to collect your student card as scheduled you may join the make-up session on Aug 21 in the same venue.)
- Attend Academic Advising sessions (these sessions are very useful and critical for your class pre-enrolment; refer also to respective Schools' orientation information, SBM, SSCI, SENG, SHSS, IPO & individual email notifications for details; absence from these sessions may affect your study progress)
- Attend information session of Government Financial Assistance
Aug 20 Onwards Check class pre-enrollment results via "Student Centre" in myPortal
Aug 22-23 Enroll first term classes via myPortal
Sep 2 Commencement of the 2019-20 Academic Year
Sep 2-16 Add/Drop classes via myPortal
School Welcome and Orientation
Sep 6 School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS) 18:30 - 21:30 at G/F China Garden Restaurant
HLTH1010 Required Activities
Aug 26-28 Attend Fitness Training
Sep 6-8 Attend Health and Fitness Assessment
- Academic Registry: Email: email@example.com
- School of Science: Ms Tina KO | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Engineering: Ms Jessica Cheng | Email: email@example.com
- School of Business & Management: Ms Bowie Yu | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Humanities & Social Science: Ms Heidi Tsang | Email: email@example.com
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office: Mr Matthew Chik | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements Other tools
Please refer to the Adverse Weather Arrangements page for details.