Local Students (other qualifications)
There are local Hong Kong students holding subdegree and/or international qualifications such as IB. Though they are usually regarded as local students, for some specific induction and orientation activities, they are specified as local students with international qualifications, direct-entry or senior-entry, etc.
Welcome to HKUST. Hope you have a smooth transition and feel at home at HKUST.
Important item checklist for local students (other qualifications)
The checklist should help you identify important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
All new students are also invited to attend various Enrichment Talks, Tours and Workshops.
- Complete Program Registration and Collect Student Card in person (refer to the email notification)
- Activate your HKUST network/ ITSC account at myaccount.ust.hk (refer to email notification)
- Access and check your HKUST email (@connect.ust.hk) at http://O365.ust.hk or myPortal (important information and notifications from different units will be sent to this email account)
- Apply Student Accommodation (students who miss the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Check class pre-enrollment results via "Student Centre" in myPortal
Enroll first term classes via myPortal
- Attend Academic Advising & Peer Mentoring sessions (these sessions are very useful and critical for your class pre-enrolment; refer also to respective Schools' orientation information, SBM, SSCI, SENG, SHSS, IPO & individual email notifications for details; absence from these sessions may affect your study progress)
- Attend ELPA Test
- Attend information session of Government Financial Assistance
- Join University-wide Orientation
- Attend Getting Started@HKUST & HLTH1010 Course Introduction
- Add/ Drop classes via myPortal
School Welcome and Orientation
Sept 18 School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS) 18:30-21:30 at G/F China Garden Restaurant
HLTH1010 Required Activities
Sept 21-Oct Attend Fitness Training Class
Sept 25-27 Attend Health and Fitness Assessments
- Academic Registry | Email: email@example.com
- School of Science: Ms Tina KO | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Engineering: Ms Jessica CHENG | Email: email@example.com
- School of Business & Management: Ms Bowie YU | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Humanities & Social Science: Ms Heidi TSANG | Email: email@example.com
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office: Mr Matthew CHIK | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements
Please refer to the Adverse Weather Arrangements page for details.