Local Students (other qualifications)
There are local Hong Kong students holding subdegree and/or international qualifications such as IB. Though they are usually regarded as local students, for some specific induction and orientation activities, they are specified as local students with international qualifications, direct-entry or senior-entry, etc.
Welcome to HKUST. Hope you have a smooth transition and feel at home at HKUST.
Important item checklist for local students (other qualifications)
The checklist should help you identify important activities to kick start your university study and life here.
All new students are also invited to attend various Enrichment Talks, Tours and Workshops.
- Complete Program Registration and Collect Student Card in person (refer to the email notification)
- Activate your HKUST network/ ITSC account at myaccount.ust.hk (refer to email notification)
- Access and check your HKUST email (@connect.ust.hk) at http://O365.ust.hk or myPortal (important information and notifications from different units will be sent to this email account)
- Attend Academic Advising & Peer Mentoring sessions (these sessions are very useful and critical for your class pre-enrolment; refer also to respective Schools' orientation information, SBM, SSCI, SENG, SHSS, IPO & individual email notifications for details; absence from these sessions may affect your study progress)
Jul 5 onwards Enroll English Language Proficiency Assessment - ELPA (local students with sub-degree qualifications ONLY)
Aug 7-9 Apply Student Accommodation (students who miss the application, please contact email@example.com)
Aug 20 onwards Check class pre-enrollment results via "Student Centre" in myPortal
Aug 23 Enroll first term classes via myPortal
Sep 2 Commencement of the 2019-20 Academic Year
Sep 2-16 Add/ Drop classes via myPortal
School Welcome and Orientation
Sep 6 School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS) 18:30 - 21:30 at G/F China Garden Restaurant
- Academic Registry | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Science: Ms Tina KO | Email: email@example.com
- School of Engineering: Ms Jessica Cheng | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Business & Management: Ms Bowie Yu | Email: email@example.com
- School of Humanities & Social Science: Ms Heidi Tsang | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office: Mr Matthew Chik | Email: email@example.com
Adverse Weather and Make-up Arrangements
Please refer to the Adverse Weather Arrangements page for details.