Student-led O' Camps
Student-led O' Camps, Student Orientation Camps or O'camps, are organized by HKUST students. This webpage provides information on Student Orientation Camps, Non-local Students Orientation Activities, and Welcome Message from Students’ Union.
For details of Student-led O’camps, the Information is to be confirmed. Please stay tuned.
O'Camps aim to help you
- make new friends
- understand more about HKUST and your studies
- adapt to the new life and culture of the University
O’Camps are not compulsory.
You should join only those that interest you.
You are advised to explore:
- Will the O’Camp help you make new friends?
- Will the O’Camp help you understand more about your study, new campus culture, and adapt to university life?
- Can you afford the O’Camp program fees?
- What are the games? Are they decent? Will the games make you feel embarrassed?
While we encourage you to explore your limitations, your safety is our highest concern. We recommend that you exercise judgment and do not engage in any activities that will endanger yourself or others. If you do not feel comfortable with any activity during an O’Camp, you can:
- Choose not to participate in the activity;
- Talk to the organizing committee or person-in-charge of the O’camp;
- Seek help from staff of Dean of Students' Office (Office Tel: 2358 5819).
- If the situation requires immediate attention in the evening, contact the Security Center, G/F., Academic Building near Lift 2 (Tel: 2358 8999).