Safty & Emergency
Beware of Deception
There were record of different deception taken place in Hong Kong. Recently, the common types of deception include ‘Telephone Deception’, ‘Online Romance Scam’, ‘Email Scam’, ‘Investment Fraud’, ‘Financial Intermediaries Fraud’ and ‘Ransomware Attack’. To let you understand the latest modus operandi of these fraud cases, the Police have produced relevant videos for your reference.
In the case of sudden illness or injury, accident, crime, fire or other emergency on campus that requires immediate assistance,
- call the Campus Security Control Center at 2358 8999; or
- call the Hong Kong city-wide emergency phone number 999 and then inform the Campus Security Control Center immediately after.
When you make the call,
- give your name, location and phone number;
- describe what happened;
- do not hang up until asked to do so; and
- follow any advice that the Security Control Center or the 999 Center may have for you.
Critical Incident Management Procedures
The University has in place a set of procedures in handling critical incidents. A critical incident is a traumatic event or situation that has the potential to:
- Cause or has caused severe physical injury, or loss of life to member(s) of the University community whether on-campus or off-campus; or
- Resulted in significant disruption to University’s normal operations.
In case of a critical incident, the Critical Incident Management Team will be activated to manage and coordinate the university community's responses. The Director of Student Affairs is a member of the Team for critical incidents involving students.
For detailed information and guidelines, please check the HKUST Emergency Procedures.